Deadline: 15 Jan/30 Jun (annual)
Study in: Germany
Course starts: Next year.
KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries
KAAD Scholarships in Germany for Developing Countries: Post-graduates and academics who have already achieved professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate study (or research stays) in Germany are encouraged to apply for KAAD scholarships.
German Universities and Higher Education Institutions
Fields of study:
There is no predetermined choice on the subject matter. On the other hand, the committee in charge of making hiring decisions will frequently give more weight to the classes and topics that they believe to be particularly relevant to the applicant’s native nation.
Number of Scholarships:
citizens of certain developing or emerging countries located in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America. Applicants who are members of the Catholic faith are given priority.
For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
- originate from a nation that is still developing or is on the verge of doing so somewhere in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America.
- have a degree from an accredited university in addition to relevant work experience gained in your own country
- wish to earn a master’s degree or doctorate from a German institution; • wish to participate in a post-doctoral research study at a German university (lasting between two and six months for established university professors);
- adhere to the Catholic and Christian faiths (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates belonging to religions other than Catholicism are allowed to apply for the position provided they are suggested by Catholic partners and can demonstrate their dedication to interreligious dialogue.
- Prior to beginning studies, one must already have a working knowledge of German (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Applicants for master’s degrees scholarships should not be any older than 30, and those applying for doctoral degrees should not be any older than 35. This is the fundamental norm that governs the application process.
The KAAD is currently collaborating with a number of priority countries and partner nations in your region. In these nations, there are organizations referred to as Partner Committees, and applications are processed through these organizations. Please visit the website listed below for information regarding eligibility requirements and application procedures that are specific to your region: Africa (sub-Sahara), Asia, Latin America, Near and Middle East (including northern Africa).
The application process for the September selection must be finished by the 30th of June at the latest. By the 15th of January, applications must be finished if they are to be considered for the selection in March.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.kaad.de/en/stipendien/stipendienprogramm-s1/